Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Art Every Day month – Day 4

Just a quick post today...

I am so enjoying this project that gives me a reason to get up into my studio...it isn't that I really need a reason...no...not really...I love escaping into paints and colours and the smells of creating...but, I must admit...there are times when I feel that I should be doing the dishes or something like that instead...you know, you can eat up all your time doing 'those' things...maybe I feel guilty for having so much fun...I don't know...there are bigger things at play here I think...

Anyway...I did get to spend a bit of time being creative...none of what I was working on yesterday is dry - that's a lie...the part I did of the 30x30 for a "Flow" painting is dry...but I still haven't decided on the colours for the top part yet...and when I do I will likely need to go buy them...it is a big canvas (for me) and it takes a lot of paint!

Today I worked on some postcards and ACEOs (these are 2.5"x3.5", the postcards are 4"x6") for the two other projects I am participating in through WetCanvas

The postcard project's theme is dream vacations...I signed up for it to challenge myself by having to paint more realistically...I am being challenged! The ACEO project is an 'anything goes' one...not as scary for me...but fun all the same...these projects also force me to get creative and I have great fun just experimenting and trying new things...I can let go without worrying about 'ruining' a big piece of paper or a canvas...I learn a lot and grow through projects like this...

Both of these projects are swaps - so I have to make a postcard or ACEO for everyone in the projects and I receive one from everyone in the projects...it is so much nicer getting little pieces of art in the mail instead of just bills!!!

The sailboat in the moonlight is done from my imagination...the other three come also from my imagination, but thorugh a lens influenced by both Norval Morrisseau and Ted Harrison...two artists I love...for many reasons...colour being one of them for sure!

Here are my efforts for the day...














I can't believe how clean and clear my work table is...I'm sure that won't last!

4 comments:

Oma said...

I removed the last comment because its grammar was incoherent. What I was trying to say was that I love these, especially the ones that are most like your architectural photography. The way the lines, angles, and outlined space works is wonderful.

carin.c said...

I've wasted many years "doing the dishes" instead of art. Just avoidance behavior I think. Any way wonderful paintings. I especially like the boat that you did from your head, although I like the graphics nature of the others as well. Very different pieces.

Anonymous said...

I love the trees on cliffs. They remind me of Greece for some reason (though I've never been there). I love the stylization, very graphic.

Leah said...

the art looks great!! and it sounds like you are on a roll. keep up the great work!