Friday, November 28, 2008

Art Every Day Month – Day 28

I first heard about Zentangles a couple of months ago. One of the people in one of the projects I am participating in on WetCanvas did one as one of her pieces. She had taken the idea and added to it…the piece caught my eye and then reading about it, the word Zentangle is so appealing…it is a fun word…like Leah, from Creative Every Day (who is running this Creative Every Day Month project), likes the word widget…they are fun words to roll around in your mouth…widgets and zentangles, zentangles and widgets!

Here is the "Horse based on Zentangle" by Elain














Elain just said in her description of the picture to Google Zentangle…so I did here is the link for you…
http://www.zentangle.com/index.php
I like how they are a form of meditation…and that they are used in Art Therapy. They can range anywhere from the very simple to elaborate. For such a simple original concept (organized doodling, really), there are so many applications…

Here is my first Zentangle...Heart Zentangle 1...

4 comments:

C. Cooper said...

I have never heard of Zentangles before, and yes it's a pretty cool word!! Your Heart Zentangle is awesome. Only 2 more AEDM's left to go, this month went by wayyyyy to quick! :o)

Tamarak said...

This month has just flown by...way to fast! I hope I can continue pushing myself to spend time each day doing something creative...it really is a good thing!

Nadya said...

Thanks for sharing this info on Zentangles! I look forward to doing more art in Dec, & this form of doodling looks fun to explore (I used to love drawing skewed 'checkerboard' figures on paper & colouring the boxes different colours, this reminds me of that feeling!)

Leah Virsik said...

Hi Tammy, nice to meet you through AEDM 2009. I love your Zentangle. That's really beautiful! I like the red heart in there too. The mixtures of patterns remind me of patchwork fabric… something I've been getting into lately.