Friday, November 14, 2008

Art Every Day Month – Day 14

Today’s creativity consisted mainly of a wonderful nap…came home after working and crawled into bed with my younger daughter (who also loves naps), a cuddly fat cat (Maddy – who has perfected the slob-cat routine) and we slipped away for a couple hours…good for the soul!

I puttered for a little while up in the studio in the early evening…after waking up from my nap…I have a pile of bits to be put together for the cards…all ready to go except for the star…I think I am going to make a little stamp for the star…it is a bit finger-tying to work with the little cut out!


















I also worked a bit on another postcard for that project…the Dream Vacation one…won’t show a picture yet…will wait till it is finished…this one is a Norval Morriseau/Ted Harrison inspired one of a sunset over open water…I’m doing it in acrylics – this is the one I was painting the narrow ‘straight’ black lines with the brush that wouldn’t hold a point! I decided to just embrace the non-perfection of the line and go with it!

Tomorrow I will be going to a few shows…the Ottawa Potters Guild show is on…so is the First Annual Ottawa Glass Bead Artists Show…and the Third World Bazaar! I don’t have a cent to spend at any of them…and that is going to be hard…but I will enjoy the looking!

2 comments:

Leah said...

i bet you'll be feeling super inspired after seeing all those shows!

Tamarak said...

You bet!!!
Lots of eye candy!!!

I just wish I could buy a bit...do my part to support the arts...ah...my day will come...(I hope!)...

I usually buy a few things at the Potters Guild show...they have such wonderful, yummy things!!!