Thursday, November 27, 2008

Art Every Day Month – Day 27

The whole of yesterday from morning until evening disappeared into a computer job…I got home about 7:30pm, after quickly picking up some groceries on the way, to an offer from my younger daughter to be taken to the movies…she was paying! A comedy: “Four Christmases”. How could I pass that up? So we had a quick dinner of pre-made grocery store food (not very good) and then my wonderful Cariño drove us to the 9:45pm show – there is no parking around the downtown core of Ottawa. Enjoyed the movie...had some good laughs. Got home, walked dogs with Cariño and fell into bed around 12:30am…exhausted…

This morning I had to be at the part-time job for 9am…got home after that and had one hour before it was time to leave for pottery. My pottery classes really do act as art therapy for me! So does the time I get to spend painting up in my studio. With both painting and pottery, I can so completely zone out of life and right into whatever it is I am doing…it is so wonderful! I feel completely refreshed after either a pottery or a painting session…wonderful stuff…wonderful time spent creating and playing!

I remembered the camera tonight! I made another little ‘nest’ pinch pot with 3 little balls in it…didn’t get a picture if it though…then I smoothed and cleaned up the edges on my ten star Christmas ornaments…hey…didn’t get a picture of those either!...then I sat down to play and I made a ‘thing’…not like the last ‘thing’…a bowl-type thing this time…inspired by one of my favorite potters here in Ottawa (but I can’t pronounce or even begin to spell her name – I will see if I can track it down)…it took the rest of the class and I got totally captivated in its making…


















Oh…I also took a picture of the other ‘thing’ that I stained last pottery class and got to bring home tonight…I am really happy with it…it is going to go into one of my mosaics (those mosaics that are still residing in my head…but I am sure are going to come out soon)…












3 comments:

Oma said...

Those are Wild Things!

Rowena said...

Very cool! Sea monsters and alligators and plant pods and ufos and other strange beings.

I see them as beings... not just objects.

Did you mean that?

Nadya said...

Very octopus feeling!
Love the twists & the colour! Several years ago I received a little 'selkie' that a gal had made, using honey for her glaze! Her grandpa kept bees, & her grandma made pies - she recalled how the sugar would glaze the pie pan, & decided to try it, with crystalized honey :) I keep intending to take another pottery class & try that!