Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Art Every Day Month – Day 19

I am finding that fitting in a new, part-time job is proving to be tiring! I have not had a chance for a couple days to do any painting – but I have been having fun with the new job, so all is good!

Today after work I had a couple hours before Cariño would be home from classes and it would be time to get dinner. I managed to paint another postcard for the Dream Vacations project…I’m quite happy with it…it is similar to the “After the Sail” one, but has a huge moon rising in it instead of the sail boat. It is called “Moonrise Over Open Water I”












My postcards for this project are becoming more and more fanciful – but that is fine…people in this group are very accepting – that is one of the things I really like about this artist community – it is very supportive and encouraging…the site is full of eye candy too!

I also worked a bit more on that new painting of city lights on the water – I used the back end of a very small square stamp to ‘stamp’ in random squares of white lights in the buildings. Now I am not liking the black hump of the bridge that I had masked off, so I think I am going to level it out straight…now I just have to remember what blue I used…and did I mix some black into it to darken it down…?...










I think I will make a postcard of this idea as well…

Tomorrow I have a computer job in the morning and a couple more I am just waiting to hear back on, so I don’t know what the afternoon will bring. Tomorrow night is pottery class! I have to get going on the mosaic…it is still residing in my head!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Tamarak

I love your blog! Your art is wonderful. I especially love the Georgian Bay painting since I live near there and I instantly recognized the rocks and the trees.

Oma said...

I love the moon rising ... Since you started blogging about your art I see such a growth spurt ... It is like what happens for writers when they write every day; they exercise those "muscles" ... but you are also reflecting on your work as you produce it, and I think that is also part of the movement forward.