Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Art Every Day month – Day 12

I’m sitting at home today waiting for an electrician to come…in my business, which also deals with emergencies at times, I tell people the time I will be coming and if I am going to be at all late– I call them…seems most business don’t do that! We were hoping the electrician would come yesterday (my Cariño doesn’t have classes on Tuesdays this term) but no one showed up…so today I had to shuffle around my stuff so I could wait at home…why can’t these people make appointments like I do???

Luckily it all worked out – I didn’t have any emergency calls – and I made my appointments for tomorrow and Friday…so today I am spending creating!

I am happy with the Christmas card, so I cut out seven more trees and got them started in the painting, drying, painting some more and drying cycles!

Here is the finished card…simple, but I like it…


















Here are the various bits drying…The 4”x6” inserts are all painted gold and I got the trees base painted and then the textured green put on…have to be more careful with these pieces sticking to the backing…unlike my ‘pieces of colour’ squares, which I do on heavy watercolour paper – so they are fairly strong…I just did the trees on sketch pad paper, so they are much more delicate…I peeled them off the backing papers before they were dry and draped them over paint pots so I wouldn’t harm them trying to get them off later…




































I really need to get going on the two projects I am part of through WetCanvas! So today I started a postcard size (4”x6”) ‘Meditation Garden’ painting…great fun patting on all the different colours…I get carried away at times! Here I have the top and the bottom parts of the painting finished...once that is dry, I will pat in the 'flowers' - the purples...


















I started the recording process I do to go along with the pieces I will be sending out for the WetCanvas projects. This takes a fair amount of time on its own…each piece has to be scanned or photographed, I have to keep track of who I send each piece to (we mail them off and then upload them to the forum when the recipient lets us know it has arrived), write down the medium(s) used and also a few sentences about the piece…the why and wherefore…

The two projects I am participating in right now are a “travel or dream vacation” postcard (4”x6”) one and an “anything goes” ACEO (2.5”x3.5”) one…there are 25 in the one group and 27 in the other…so I have to make 24 and 26 cards respectively and mail them out to people in the group - people who are all over the world - and they are all doing the same…so I should receive 50 little pieces of art in the mail!...much nicer than bills!!!

I also worked some more on that new painting…lights on the river…but I don’t like what I did…so I will have to undo that…

The electrician never came…both Cariño and I are busy all day tomorrow…what a pain!

Not sure if I will get any time in the studio tomorrow…maybe I will take my camera with me on my journeys…I have a computer job in the morning and an orientation at a part-time job I just got in the evening…what happens in the afternoon depends on how long my job in the morning takes…tomorrow is also Cariño’s birthday so a special dinner will be in order…not sure how I will pull that off, since I will be at that orientation until 8pm and he is in class until 8:30pm! - dinner at midnight, anyone? Maybe we will have to postpone celebrations until the weekend…

1 comment:

Leah said...

the christmas card looks great! hope you have a great time celebrating your carino's b-day!