Monday, November 10, 2008

Art Every Day month – Day 10

Day 9 slipped by me without my getting much done in the creative department…I did do a little – started an idea I have had for a while for a Christmas card. So I started the parts for that…will consist of the card, an inset part on the front and then a piece put on top of that. I painted the card – a pre-made one, I painted the 4”x6” inset and cut out and painted the Christmas tree…then I had to wait for it all to dry!

Today I added another coat of gold for the 4”x6” piece, am flattening the card part and added 2 greens to the tree…I patted the paint on with a little palette knife so I could get some texture…waiting for it to dry again…














While waiting I started another postcard for one of the swaps I am on…am trying to paint a thin straight line with a brush that won’t keep a point!

I added some more blues back in on my big painting…there was a dark ‘hole’ in almost the middle of the painting that I found distracting…so now I will let this dry and then see if I want to add another lighter blue, some more off-white and red…


















I am hoping tomorrow morning to be able to spend a bit of time up in the studio…the last couple of days have been busy with this and that and I haven’t had much uninterrupted time to spend painting!

No comments: