Monday, November 24, 2008

Art Every Day Month – Day 24

I had planned on spending the afternoon in the studio…but that wasn’t to be…Cariño and I ‘dashed out’ to pick up some milk…and the van died…so, what should have been a few minutes excursion, turned into a few hours one, as we waited in the cold van for the tow truck to come, tow us to the shop and then make our way home by cab…damn van…

I finally made it upstairs after dinner and I worked on a few things…didn’t really get anything finished though…it was a nice way to forget our van woes and generally escape life’s troubles…

I’ve decided to try a bigger version of “Floating Away with Balloons”…on a 10”x20” canvas...I was surprised at how captured some people were by it…it is always nice to get compliments though!

I played some more with my city lights on the water painting…I can’t decide what to call it or whether it’s finished now…it has entered the realm of fantasy though…like a few of my things seemed to have done lately!










Tomorrow I will be waiting to hear about the van…I hope it isn’t anything major…I plan on escaping up to the studio again while I wait!

No comments: