Thursday, November 13, 2008

Art Every Day month – Day 13

It’s a rainy day today…at least the freezing rain warning has been lifted…a few blocks around the Parliament buildings have been closed because of a suspicious package…there was one last week on Bank street in front of the Morgentaler clinic that turned out to be an empty suitcase that had been left out for the garbage…

Today I painted the fronts of the seven pre-made cards, the seven tree trunks, splattered ink on the now blue cards and the gold insets…it’s like an assembly line doing a bunch at a time…not as captivating as doing the first one…but that’s ok…there is something fun about having a whole lot of pieces laying about…knowing that they will all come together soon into a finished whole…I used to feel this way when I did woodworking way back when the kids were just little…I felt like a one-person toy store! I also spend time thinking about the people that I am making the cards for, which is nice.

The only other thing I managed to do today in-between job and orientation, was to ‘pat’ the ‘flowers’ in on my Meditation Garden postcard…so it will be ready to be mailed off once it dries…

3 comments:

Oma said...

It is like brilliant jewels ... reminds me of pomegranate seeds ... glossy and pure colour.

Apple said...

Those colors are wonderful!!

Leah said...

so colorful!