Sunday, November 2, 2008

Art Every Day month – Day 2

I was so happy to get back that hour that was taken away from me in the spring!

Didn’t do much in the way of creating anything myself today – put a blue base coat of acrylics on five postcards and that’s it…but it was a day full of creative things…Cariño and I went to the Ottawa Valley Weavers’ and Spinners’ Guild Exhibition and Sale with some friends. We saw some beautiful things – the weaving and knitting that you would expect at something like this, but also felting and some lovely wire-work jewelry. I had never known much about felting until one of these friends that we went to the show with started doing it (her youngest daughter got her started)…it is really quite wonderful…some of the pieces look like watercolour paintings – except it is wool being used instead of paint. There were also some felted vase-shaped pieces that were just amazing…felted sculptures and teddies too! Another woman had absolutely beautiful rug hooking…she used perfect, rich colours.

There were a few things that tried to speak to me, but all I came away with were some silk worm cocoons that I just couldn’t resist (not sure why, but I’m sure they will find their way into something I make) and some bits of un-spun wool.










After the Weavers’ and Spinners’ show we headed down to the Market and the Terrance Robert Gallery on Sussex Drive to see David Lidbetter’s exhibition which I really enjoyed.

By the time we got home again it was time to get dinner started and then the day was ending…but it was a wonderful day…nice company, great art eye candy…a nice, sunny, crisp fall day!

No comments: