Monday, November 30, 2009

Last day of AEDM 2009...

This month has flown by…as most months seem to be doing these days with alarming regularity and increasing speed…wouldn’t it be nice to have back all those days from my youth when I thought I was bored!

This past Saturday, Yvonne, my elder daughter and I went out to the new Shenkman Arts Centre…this is where our Gloucester Pottery School has moved to…not a very convenient move for us, really…driving to Orleans is not a pleasant exercise during rush hour…which, if we were to keep taking our classes, we would have to do…but it is a beautiful spot…this was our first time out there since the pottery school had moved…

We originally went to see the Gloucester Pottery School Christmas Show and Sale…which runs until December 15th…it was great to finally have a look at the new location and there were some wonderful pieces…but the real surprise was seeing Hans Blokpoel’s show called “Patterns in Nature” in the Trinity Gallery: Salon A exhibit space at the Shenkman Arts Centre…Hans’ sculptural pieces are wonderful…I love rocks and nature and his use of slate, rocks, nails and hardware bits really appealed to me…

On Sunday…after a much needed sleep-in…Cariño, my elder daughter and puppies, Shea and Teddy, met my younger daughter, her Beau and their puppy, Kaiah, at the Bruce Pit…what a great place…my younger daughter, her Beau and Kaiah had been there before, but the rest of us hadn’t…there were great trails through the woods…lots of dogs running about…it was a fun outing…we also saw this awesome tree…it's base was huge and very complex...


















In the confines of the woods, I couldn't get the whole tree in one shot...so I made this composite...which I think is more interesting...


















We came home to the wonderful smell of the stew I had started earlier in the slow cooker…we roasted some veggies to go with it – there wasn’t room for everything in the slow cooker…it was a delicious late fall dinner…

This afternoon I plan on spending the last day of AEDM up in the studio painting…I’ll post pictures later if anything interesting happens…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can smell the stew! And the leaves and ground around that amazing tree.

You made me giggle...."wouldn’t it be nice to have back all those days from my youth when I thought I was bored!"

I hope you had a great time painting!

Kathryn Costa said...

Those trees are so cool. I can imagine great stories happening in those trees. I love roasted veggies and stew. Yum. yum.

Shaun said...

Alright, I'm almost back into the land of the living! Enough to say I really love the photos. And to whine and say why haven't there been posts since November? Not that I don't owe you an email or anything.