Thursday, November 12, 2009

AEDM ~ Day 12…

The temperature dipped down below zero (Celsius) over night…on my walk with the puppies this morning the grass and the leaves on the ground were all painted with frost…each blade of grass and edge of leaf emphasized so that it stood out - separate from those around it…it added so much to the depth of this simple scene on the ground…I didn't have my camera with me...

On my way to a job this morning, I passed by a newly formed ghost town…CFB Rockcliffe closed down at the end of July 2009…leaving hundreds of empty, boarded up military homes…I stopped by after my job…hoping to be able to walk around and take some photos…but there were all kinds of no trespassing signs, so I didn’t venture too far into the deserted neighbourhood…
























I am feeling kind of stumped on that painting I started yesterday…sometimes I just have to leave it for a bit to let it sit…I don’t know…I also have a painting that I started over a month ago and then I got side-tracked by life and have yet to get back to it…it was like I got interrupted mid-thought and am having a hard time picking up the thread again…

Since my elder daughter has moved back out again, we have gone from 5 cats down to 2…my younger daughter’s 2 cats will be with us for a while yet…one of them – Maddy – has become super affectionate once more…he didn’t like one of the other 3 and it really affected his behaviour…here he is tonight…helping me…




















He is very hard to resist...

2 comments:

Shaun said...

The ghost town looks sad.
Give me a male ginger tabby cat any day. Love.

Tamarak said...

I would like to see if I can get permission to go on and take some pictures...it is strange to see current-day homes all boarded up...it feels different than seeing a ghost town where the buildings are old and falling apart...both are sad...but in different ways somehow...I haven't figured out how to put that in words yet...

There is another story about CFB Rockcliffe that is very touching...I will add the link to my next post...

Maddy is a dear...in fact I like all of the cats - well all 4 of the ones I knew - the 5th one I didn't know and she had some bad habits...but Ne-Ko is a real character...thinks he is a dog...and the other 2 - Thoth and Pimkie are lovely cats as well...you would never guess it from looks, build or personality...but Maddy and Pimkie are same-litter brother and sister!

But Maddy is the soppiest of them all!