Wednesday, November 11, 2009

AEDM…Day 11…Remembrance Day…

Prince Charles and Camilla were here in Ottawa today for the Remembrance Day ceremonies…I can only imagine the crowds…it was a nice day too…I don’t like crowds, so I didn’t even attempt to head down to the National War Memorial…but we could hear the CF-18 jets fly over and the cannon boom from home…

Today I played…it has been a while since I have had a chance to do anything in my studio…first I had to sort it out a bit…things tend to fill it in when I am not holding the household chaos at bay by spending time in there…

I started with a canvas painted red…










Added some cheese cloth…










I love the way it folds on itself creating texture…














Then I squeezed out a bunch of colours and dipped a felt flower that I had picked up a few weeks ago at The Papery (wonderful store in the Glebe)…I actually bought 3 of these felt flowers and I imagine that I will use them collaged right into a painting or paintings at some point, but I wanted to see how they worked as a stamp…then I got out my various taps that I have been saving…I have 3 now and a metal tap end circle that I found on the road way back and used them to get some paint on the canvas as well…now I have to wait for this to dry…

























Here are the "tools" I used...

3 comments:

Lois0607 said...

Oh this looks like fun. Love the cheese cloth and the colors

Shaun said...

I was reading along wondering what you meant by taps. Taps! Cool.

Tamarak said...

Yes! Water taps! They make a fun stamp...I am always on the lookout for something with which to apply paint or something that I can incorporate into a painting...

Have you ever seen the book...The Secret of Rusty Things...I love it...he gets totally carried away with collecting things for pieces of art...