Tuesday, November 17, 2009

AEDM ~ Days 14 to 17…

Had a great weekend…nice birthday dinner for Cariño Friday night out at Oma’s…then on Saturday Cariño, Oma, elder daughter and I went to the Ottawa Guild of Potters Fall Sale…saw lots of pottery eye candy…I went back again on Sunday with Yvonne…there is always so much to see that I usually go 2 or 3 times…

On Sunday Cariño, Yvonne and I went out for breakfast at a place in Orleans that Cariño’s niece, along with a friend of hers, have just bought…many family members and friends are helping with all the work that needs doing…a number of family members and friends work there as well…

On the way to pick up Yvonne, Cariño stopped so that I could take a picture of this tree that had caught my eye…I seem to be noticing trees a lot more since that full moon drive…


















I managed to spend a bit of time in the studio yesterday…started working on a big canvas painting for my Georgian Bay series…stylized rocks and trees…I had done this ATC card months ago...this is what I am using as reference for the new painting…it is in the same style as my Northern Series…


















Last night Cariño and I ended up driving out to Orleans to the restaurant again…only this time it was dark and during rush hour…since I wasn’t driving I could play a bit more taking pictures out of the window as we were driving along with all the other cars…

I was trying to get interesting blur photos...to show the chaos of rush hour...










































As I played...things became more and more abstract...I also altered with these in my photo editor...









































4 comments:

Susie said...

I really like the shapes in your ATC that you are using as inspiration for your larger work. I hope you share it with us.

Beverley Baird said...

I absolutely looooove your ATC stylized landscape. Can't wait to see the bigger version!
Great photos as well!

Meredith said...

Love those blurred shots! They absolutely capture that frenetic rush-hour stress -- but the last ones evolve into something else entirely.

That tree photo is lovely, and I liked your stylized tree ATC, as well. I'm sure your larger piece will be lovely!

Shaun said...

Love the blurred shots and the tree. I lke the patterns in your ATC as well.