Friday, November 13, 2009

AEDM ~ Day 13…

Happy Birthday Cariño!!!

Both my Mom and Cariño were born on the 13th day of a month…so Friday the 13th days hold no fear for us…they are happy days…especially when a birthday falls on one!

Last weekend Cariño and I went to the 260 Fingers pottery show…it was fantastic…such talented clay artists…there were many pieces I would have loved to have had follow me home…some of my favorite artists were there…

I love Chandler Swain’s work – especially the ones with the crows or ravens…I have also been lusting after Saskia Praamsma’s pieces for a few years now…one of Cynthia O’Brien’s women wall figures cried out to me…it was hilarious…I also wanted one of Tim Storey’s wall birds…his dragons are great too…it was nice to see Diane Sullivan there…when Yvonne and I were on our way to the Fall Fire pottery workshop weekend back in September, we stopped in at her studio in Williamsburg and so I already have some of her pieces…as well it was nice to see Leta and Don Cormier’s pottery creations, but I didn’t get a chance to say hi to Leta – she was one of the presenters at that Fall Fire workshop and has inspired both Yvonne and I to learn throwing…lastly I fell in love with Colleen O’Reilly’s totems…on going to her web site, I realized that my sister has some of her pieces…the colours are so wonderful and bright…she is from Hamilton and I am going to have to go check out her and her partner’s James North Art Collective next time I am down in that area…

This weekend, on top of being Cariño’s b-day weekend, the Ottawa Guild of Potters Fall Sale is on…it actually started Thursday and runs until Sunday…this is most definitely a must attend…dangerous though…

It was cold again last night, so I took my camera this morning on the puppy walk...it didn't seem as glorious as yesterday...but then maybe it just got blown up into the memory of something wonderful because I didn't have my camera yesterday!

























































3 comments:

Wendy Edsall-Kerwin said...

The frosty images are so beautiful. I love the layers and sparkle that frost can add. It reminds me of sleeping beauty or some other fairy tale.

Shaun said...

I don't know about the walk, but the photos sure are glorious.

Tamarak said...

LOL...I guess that I could have worded that last paragraph a little bit more clearly! The puppy walk was fine...it was the frost that didn't seem as glorious! But then...you knew that!!! I knew what I meant, anyway :)

I should get Cariño to proof read for me...he is always picking up things like that too! Or maybe I should pay more attention?