Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Supplies and Time…

Yesterday I went with Cariño (who has finished all his exams and the magazine he is the French editor for has gone to print…so he has some down time finally!) to Wallack’s to stock up on some canvases and paint…I go through paint at an alarming rate!














With a bunch of other running around, I didn’t get up to my studio at all…

I had a computer job in the morning in the same building where my solo show is going to be in February – at Heartwood House – which is a really neat place…a whole bunch of charitable organizations sharing a building…there are some really wonderful programs run out of this place! Also housed in this building is the Heartwood Gallery, which is where my show will be…it is a great room…a great big room!…I had another look in it to try to get an idea of how many paintings I am going to need…I am going to need lots! I also need to get my advertizing material created…a small poster or postcard…I need to decide what to call my show…the last solo show I had I called it “Flow and Jetsom”…Flow because most of the pieces in that show (which was only 1 not so large wall) were from my Flow series and the jetsom were a few other pieces not from that series.

Today I worked a bit more on my collaged “Floating Away with Balloons”…I’m all finished, except I am going to add some flowers…and her blue eyes and rose-bud mouth…

3 comments:

Oma said...

your really clean-lined paintings ... the Arctic ones. Have you seen the one on the balloons?

Oma said...

The first half disappeared!

I said I loved this balloon woman and that I wanted to make a series of tea cozies based on your paintings.

Kathryn Costa said...

Some days I wish I had balloons that would take me away!

Have fun with your new paints.