Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Cards, Postcards and Paintings…

We woke to wintery cold temperatures this morning…minus 20 Celsius! Cariño had his first final exam today…so I threw some layers of clothes over my pajamas and drove him up to the University…too cold to walk…especially since he had to be up there for a 9:30am exam!

I finished putting together my Christmas cards today…this took a while since I hadn’t done the stars yet and had to cut out 7 tiny stars and get them painted…

















The cards were still taped closed so they would dry flat and I stuck one of the Christmas trees on upside down! I guess that will be my left-handed card! I like to keep a sample of things like this that I do anyway…in case I ever want to do it again.

I even stuck in an insert into the cards...I went online and found a little rhyme and Christmas wish from a vintage card...I thought it was kind of nice...my younger daughter allowed as it was kind of cheesy...that's ok...cheesy is perfectly alright at this time of year!














Went grocery shopping with my younger daughter late this afternoon and on the way home we zipped by Yvonne’s for a glass of wine (for me), a quick visit...and to pick up the new bowl we bought from Carrie on Saturday night! It is Cariño and my Christmas present for each other! I love it!!! It is wonderfully round and fat...perfect size for a serving dish for 2 or for a veggie or side dish for 4...














Tonight, when Cariño and I walk the dogs before bed…I will pop into the mail, to start on their journey, my 11 postcards going to places like France, all over the States, Australia, The Netherlands and places out in Western Canada…and I will also mail my Christmas cards…I love mailing nice things!

I doubt that I will have any time to spend being creative in my studio for the next couple days…have part-time job and a computer job on Wed and a full day tomorrow…Thursday morning looks promising…

5 comments:

Nadya said...

What beautiful cards - those who receive them will be so happy!!
I love the bowl - how fun to have this as a serving bowl!
I eat my breakfast granola in a handmade bowl (one of several) with a delightful wooden spoon from my friend Peter 'the spoon man!' It starts my day happy.

Kathryn Costa said...

I love your new bowl. It is fun to send and receive mail - REAL mail! When I post goodies in the mail I love thinking about the person on the other end opening it up.

Tamarak said...

Thank you!

It does feel so nice to send (and receive) "real" mail! Something so simple, really, but I do it less and less these days...email and Internet is wonderful too...but there is nothing like a "snail-mail" letter!

And pottery...well! I llove pottery! A handmade wooden spoon would be neat too!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

I love your pottery bowl. I think pottery makes food more wholesome feeling and better tasting. It also looks attractive under a Christmas tree.

Oma said...

Thank you. My card arrived this afternoon and brightened my day.

Hugs ...