Sunday, April 5, 2009

Time Flies…in so many ways…

It has been almost 2 weeks since my last post…and so much has been going on in my world…things both big and small…someone told me that to not post for a while and then to post too much at one time is…how shall I say it…inconsiderate? So…I will do a few smaller posts over the next few days – hopefully…I never quite know where my life is going to take me…so to make a promise to blog regularly for the next little while might be something I can’t live up to!...so I will say that I will try...

Since my last post my ‘baby’ has turned 18 and we have moved her into her first apartment with her beau…in some ways I think she is too young…in others, not…she is having a lovely time nesting and has a nice little place…in the past few weeks we have gone from 5 of us living in the house with 4 cats and 2 dogs, to just Cariño, me and the 2 dogs!...my elder daughter and her beau had moved in with a friend a few blocks away just the night before we went on our road trip...big changes in the dynamics!!!...

Oma helped me to hang my April solo show at the First Unitarian Congregation of Ottawa…11 pieces…nothing new I'm afraid...I haven't had a chance since the last show to get much studio time in...

















I received my first blog award…the PREMIO DARDOS AWARD…from Maia…thank you so much! This award…"acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day."

All this on top of being fairly busy with the ‘bread and butter job’ of computer work!

I also managed to get in 3 visits to The Ottawa Guild of Potters Spring Sale…some might think that 3 visits is a bit excessive…but I enjoyed each and every one! Out of necessity, I was quite well behaved…but I did come away with a tea mug for me, a coffee mug for Cariño, a cottage present for my sister and a wee Easter gift for my elder daughter…can't show you the presents...but here are the 2 mugs...

Cariño's coffee mug...it fits on the espresso machine...












My new mug for tea (I already have a fav coffee mug)...

















One of the things that I did not get to in these past busy days are…finishing my quilt block cards…but I will have more to post soon…I am very almost finished…I haven’t had a chance to do much painting at all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PREMIO DARDOS AWARD.
Wow! Bravo!Your blog is fantastic.
So is your art!
You share your world and art with us and we learn from you.
Peace!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your new Art Show!

Anonymous said...

Big transitions! Your art is lovely. Good luck with the show!

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

haven't you ever heard of blogging without obligation? :-) lol
http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233
I am not affiliated with this person-I jsut have the badge on my blog-so I don't feel the need to show up every day unless I want to.

Your art work is amazing.

Leah said...

Wowzers, you've had SO much going on!! Be sure to be super nice to yourself with all this transition goin on. Congrats on your art show!!