Thursday, April 16, 2009

Post Easter…

I had a really nice Easter weekend…Cariño and I went to Oma’s on Sunday for Easter dinner and then had dinner at our place on the Monday…Oma came and so did the girls…their beaus both had to work…so with Cariño and me, we were 5. My elder daughter came around noon and helped me with the cooking…my younger daughter came later in the afternoon but wasn’t feeling all that well…so she went and curled up in bed until it was food time…

We made a delicious meal! We tried out some new recipes from the April Gourmet magazine…the Herb-roasted Pork Loin, the Golden Potatoes with Caper Brown-butter Crumbs and our garlic green beans…sautéed green beans with a ton of garlic (yum)…and Lillet Marshmallows!

The marshmallows were a hoot to make…but ours didn’t look anything like the picture in the magazine! It said to lightly oil the pan you pour them in to set…then, once set, you are supposed to be able to just loosen the edges and then let it fall onto a cutting board…ha! It took 3 of us to get it out of the pan! And then cutting them was next to impossible…it took 3 of us to do that too…we had a lot of laughs anyway…and they were very, very good, if not perfectly square!

Something we discovered by making the marshmallows was Lillet…it was an adventure to find it as well…it isn’t carried in Ontario LCBO’s anymore, but it is in Quebec, but only at the big SAQ’s…it is an aperitif from France and quite wonderful sipped very cold…think we will add it to our summer!

I didn’t get much painting done over the weekend, but had fun being creative with food…

Today I started the very fun part of the big Meditation Garden…24”x30”…I will be painting it in a number of stages…while I wait for the paint to dry in between the steps, I can get this post up, work on the last 5 postcards for my project…and start some new paintings…now that I almost have all my project obligations completed, I am excited to try out some new paintings…start working on my Georgian Bay series, try a big Pieces of Colour and I also have some new ideas for some Flow paintings…more ideas than time!

Here is a progress shot of the Meditation Garden painting...doesn't really look like much yet...but it was lots of fun putting on all that paint...lots of it too!...now I have to wait for it to dry and then add in some more details in the bottom grass part and then there are 2 more sections to do sort of in the same manner...


















Here is a progress shot of a new idea for a Flow...this is just on a postcard to start...I just love the scrumptious colours...the wet blobs of inks...I can get lost in details like this...the green is tape being used for a mask...

1 comment:

Oma said...

Dinner was wonderful ... even the marshmallows we used our six hands to pull out and remove from the pan.

I really like your newest flow ... the foreground section creates a hilly landscape quite different from your others.