Thursday, April 9, 2009

Getting the table cleared…

In more ways than one I am clearing the decks…my work table is a mess of creative chaos again…it always gets this way…every so often I clear it off and start over…right now I am painting in my little space…














I have a painting that has been waiting for me to get into the thick of it with…the base paint coats are on…and it sits…it isn’t that I am uninspired...I am looking forward to cracking open the paint pots and going wild with thick, colourful paint…as well, I have a list of ideas waiting to come to fruition…things I am excited about…I think it may be these projects that I haven’t finished…I feel an obligation to get them completed…and I don’t dread doing it either…so why am I not forging on?...I think that, at times, life’s frustrations needle at me and push me off balance…sometimes it feels like there are too many things to cope with…sometimes it is easier to sit and think about all the things I want to do…to paint…to explore...than to actually do them…easier to go get lost in blog-land…

I have now completely finished my little cards project (2.5”x3.5”)…the one I did the quilt blocks for…I spent part of this afternoon addressing all the envelopes…26 of them…to the States, Canada, Malaysia, India, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Norway, France…they will be dispersed all over the globe!

Here are all the little cards...I love seeing them all together as a group...













I still have 12 outstanding for the Vacation Dreams postcard (4”x6”) project…I had originally signed up for this one to really challenge myself and challenge me it has…!!!...I don’t usually do anything very ‘realistic’…so I thought this project would force me to try some things in that direction…and I have…in fact, my Northern and my Georgian Bay series were born out of this project…but it really takes a lot of creative mental energy from me to come up with ideas for this it……there is good in that fact though…along with a touch of bemused frustration…growth does come from situations such as these…

So…of the 12 postcards that I have left to send…I have 6 painted...this one I did today…I was looking through my pictures and came across a photo which I took last summer during my trip to the cottage...when LT and I got away one afternoon for a paddle in the canoe and we went exploring in little lily-pad filled inlets…it is done in watercolour pencils…


















The other 5 postcards I am pretty sure that I have posted here before…but I’ll post some of them again, because we all like pictures…2 of then I just posted yesterday, so I won’t put them up again…the 2 playing ones…I am calling them Into the Busy River I and II…

These 3 I know I have posted previously…Sitting Under Mandara’s Tree of Wonder, Wonder Tree Woods and Georgian Bay Moon…




























1 comment:

Oma said...

Love the new excursion into pond life ... I am getting ready to break open a new pot of paint myself ... and am feeling a combination of anticipation and dread.