Sunday, April 19, 2009

Meditation Garden progress...

To let go and just lay the paint on is such a wonderful feeling...I bought all these pots of paint for the purpose of doing this painting...so I threw conservation to the wind (not that I conserve at all when it comes to painting anyway...the way I do my acrylic paintings on canvas, for the most part, is to use a ton of paint...I love the texture)...I also used paints from tubes that I already had...what fun!

Laying on the greens...I scooped them out of the pots with one of my bigger palette knives and, practising randomness, I blobbed them about...different greens (7 in all), different sized blobs and squirts...4 of the greens from pots and 3 from tubes...


















Then, using a tongue depressor that I bent over about 3/4" from the end...it actually splintered so I taped it to keep the end from falling off...so I had an L shape...I used the small part to dabble the paint around...I am going to have to find a tool that is this shape...in a couple different sizes...once the greens were mixed the way I wanted them, using paint from tubes, I squirted on the red, orange and yellow...practising randomness once more...


















Then, bending over the other end of the tongue depressor, I smooshed around to blend in the colours...adding from the tubes as I went...sometimes one little smoosh will completely hide the whole blob of colour...especially when the paint is so thick...


















I have left some blue sky at the top of the painting...I like the blue there...but not the fact that it is just flat canvas...so, when the leaves dry, I will smoosh on some blues and whites so there is texture in the sky as well...of course this leaves the painting being made up of 4 sections...not an odd number...hmmmm...maybe that just bugs me...I asked my Mom about this and she thinks it's just me! I asked CariƱo if it was funny with the sky spots and he said it didn't make him laugh at all...this is the help I get!

13 comments:

Oma said...

I like the sky spots and now you have an uneven number because there is more than one sky spot!

Tamarak said...

Thank you!
Thank you!

5 areas all together...that is good!

Cheryl@MandalaOasis said...

Oh Tamara,
These are gorgeous..and I love your narration of the process. I just love that spontaneous creativity when we surrender..and just let the muse have its way with us. So fulfilling:)

Sharon P Pope said...

What fun these are! :)

Beverley Baird said...

The colours are so vibrant. I loved how you described the whole process and the fun you were having. You have inspired me to have a go at playing with the colours with acrylics. I haven't done much of that at all.

The Mini Mum said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! And I enjoyed your commentary on the creative process.

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

This is great! I know nothing about acrylics and really enjoyed seeing the process of how you've built it up. Great colours, too!
Janice.

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Love your colours. Life is colourful and I am glad use colour in your art.

Lucy

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Pretty. :)

Tamarak said...

Wow!

I don't think I have ever had so many comments!

Thank you everyone!

It really does help me to write about what I am doing...makes me sit down, slow down and go over my process, my discovering...I learn a lot from this...

I know I really like it when I go to someone's blog and they have documented their process...it is like a peek inside someone's studio...being that fly on the wall...

I once watched my daughter being painted and was fascinated...I photographed it too...I love to watch people in the act of creating...

Thank you again for visiting and commenting!

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

I am not sure which I enjoyed more--the painting itself--or you describing your process to achieve it--either way both are stellar--thank you...

Leah said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! And I can really feel the joy just looking at it! Brava!

G.Dowell said...

Sounds like you had fun with this one and you have ended up with a very beautiful piece. Love it!