Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday never felt so good!...

I’m so glad it is Monday…for some reason, when I first woke up this morning, I thought today was Tuesday…and I wondered where Monday had gone…I was so convinced of this, that I feel like I have gained a day! I certainly can’t afford to lose any!!!

I still haven’t made it out to photograph my paintings…it was too cold this weekend and this morning it is snowing…I do have a few progress shots though…

First of all...here is another of my helpers...he is shown here being very busy holding down my younger daughter's laundry pile...it can take him hours to do this...and he loves to be noticed at this most important job...slob-cat Maddy is brother to needy Pimkey...















Here is the start of Flow X...colours are a bit wonkey and there is glare on most of these shots...but such is life!...














Flow X progress...just waiting to figure out how to do the flow line...what style and colours...I usually have to sit with them for a while at this stage...again...colours are not right and there is glare...


















Sitting Under Mandara's tree of Wonder is finished!...this is my elder daughter's (late) Christmas present...but she has said that I can hang it in my show...she will get it someday...


















I have decided to paint another Ice Road to Tuk...with the addition of an Inukshuk...the first one is hanging in the boutique at OSA...I debated just having the others in that series (so far...Land of the Midnight Sun and Northern Lights Over the Tundra) but I have a thing about odd numbers...three feels so much better than two...here are a couple progress pictures of it...



































Colourful easel...


















Need more room to put paintings!...

4 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my goodness. How wonderful to be able to surround yourself with such brilliant colour!
You artworks are fabulous & your daughter is most fortunate to have such a talented Mum!

Leah said...

I love how you did the tree!! Gorgeous!

And your kitty pic cracked me up. My cats love to "do the laundry" too. :-)

Steve Emery said...

I really like the Tree! Lots of freedom in the patterns and colors, and it all works together.

Tamarak said...

I have just finished wiring all my paintings...21 of them are now ready to be hung tomorrow! It is very festive and colourful around me right now! This has been such fun getting ready for the show...and I still have lots of ideas flowing!

Thank you for your wonderful and encouraging comments! My elder daughter loves her tree too! I think I am going to have more fun with this idea...