Friday, January 16, 2009

Messy Studio and Final Submissions…

Quick post with some pictures!

First…a couple shots of my messy studio…I am going to have to have a tidy-session…but this was after madly trying to get my paintings finished for submission to the Ottawa School of Art…

























I had hoped to submit 4 paintings…that was the maximum number allowed…but after painting until 2:30am on Wednesday night (Thursday morning) and then getting up at 9am Thursday to carry on, I realized that there was no way I was going to get “Land of the Midnight Sun” finished…I decided that was ok though…I didn’t beat myself up for not making the time…I had chosen to spend the time, earlier, doing other, just as important things…the trip down to Toronto and area…that was important to me and I enjoyed myself…spending time with my bro when he was here…that was important too…and I enjoyed our visit…so I wasn’t going to give myself a hard time for doing those things instead of painting…

So…I submitted 3 paintings and I should hear on Tuesday of next week if they are going to be accepted. I found myself to be nervous, but excited at the same time doing this…it is the first time I have submitted a painting for a juried process…

Here are the 3 finished pieces…I am going to have to put a hanging hook outside somewhere so I can get ‘straight’ pictures of my paintings!

Flow VII - 12x12 - acrylic...I ended up going back to this one after my last picture of it and adding more colour in the flow line...I found it too dull...am happy with the more vibrant colours there!...


















Flow VIII - 12x16 - acrylic...


















Ice Road to Tuk - 16x20 - acrylic...

2 comments:

Oma said...

Beautiful! Good luck with the jury.

Art Blog said...

Fantastic good luck!
Peace Sharon