Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some progress pictures...

I know people like to see a happy medium between pictures and writing on a blog...especially one dedicated to developing and exploring creativity! So here are some progress pictures of the paintings I have been working on with the theme of winter in mind…these are the ones I am working on to see if I can get them into the Ottawa School of Art Boutique…

This is another in my Flow series...Flow VII...as I was working on this, my younger walked by and asked why I often painted the same painting...I said that they weren't really all the same...but that they were similar because they were all part of a series...each one exploring different colour combinations...that kind of got my inner negative critic going though and I had to squash it down!


















Here is Flow VIII...this is the first Flow painting that isn't done on a square canvas...


















I think both the Flow paintings are finished...they will have to be if I am going to submit them tomorrow...otherwise the paint won't be dry!!!

Here is a progress picture of the Ice Road to Tuk...I had done a postcard of this and really liked it...the postcard was done in coloured pencil, though, and this one is being done in acrylics...the colours are off...ran out of daylight...it is a really nice light blue background with dark blue lines on the land and red on the sun...it looks kind of murky in this picture...

2 comments:

Oma said...

Love those flow paintings ... and The Road is one of my favourites of your postcard series. I am looking forward to seeing it in all its colourful glory in acrylics.

Tamarak said...

Thank you!

I have such great fun doing the Flow paintings...probably why I am not finished with that series!

I was happy with the big version of The Ice Road to Tuk...didn't get Land of the Midnight Sun finished in time to submit to the OSA...but I will finish it and I think it is going to make me happy too!

I should hear Tuesday if my paintings get accepted...