Sunday, February 1, 2009

It is almost hanging day...

Just a very quick post to say that - yes - I am still alive...

I would say that I am painting madly...but there is nothing 'mad' about it...I am thoroughly enjoying myself…I am in painting overdrive…painting heaven!

I was finally able to get out and photograph the paintings that I have completed…at that point, a couple days ago, there were 16 finished…it helped me to get that done because, for some reason, it seemed easier, then, to look at what I had, where I was and what I still needed…

I already had 3 still in the works (one of them a triptych) and a 30”x30” canvas that I already knew what I was going to do with it – that made 20 paintings…

I have a thing about odd numbers, so, of course, I couldn’t have 20 paintings…and it was kind of neat (in my brain, anyway) that my birthday is on the 21st of February…so 21 paintings it had to be!

As of right now…I am going to bed…I have the 30”x30” almost finished (I am really happy with it too) and, after deciding this afternoon what the 21st painting is going to be, that one is partially done as well…

I hate trying to price things…so that took up a couple hours today…I would love to know how people decide on prices…so the labels are made up, but not printed yet…tomorrow CariƱo is going to put wires on all the paintings while I finish up painting, do any touch ups that are needed and get the labels printed and cut…

Yesterday we had coffee with Yvonne, who is orchestrating the vernissage and on Monday Oma will come help me hang the show…I am so thanksful that I have such wonderful friends to help me with all this!...I might just be ready!

Here is a detail from one of the Flow paintings that I just finished a few days ago...


















The 21st painting will be based on a postcard that I painted that was based on a photograph I took of condensation in one of the windows at our last place...here is the photo...the painting will be called Condensation Musings...and it is colourful (surprise, surprise!)...

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Good Morning Sweet -Heart!

Beautiful, just breathtaking your paintings and thought process!

have you heard of Robert Genn (I'm not good at links yet) but here is his website http://painterskeys.com/

he has a twice weekly newletter that addresses some of your questions, I remember reading one on pricing several months ago that may be in his archives.

Good Luck to You!
love-n-light