Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Walk in the Woods…

It was a lovely fall day today…unfortunately the colours are past their prime and most of the leaves have already fallen…but it was still a wonderful day for a walk in the woods…sunny, crisp, but not too cold…beautiful blue sky...


















As we were sitting having morning coffee (late, since it was Sunday and we had both slept in), Cariño suggested that we go to Gatineau Park and find a place for me to set up and paint plein air…sounded good, so off we went…we drove out of Chelsea to the first parking lot we came to, walked down the path a bit, then veered off into the woods…we settled by a swampy pond…Cariño to read and me to paint…which we each did for a couple hours…





































































I didn’t end up with a painting that I kept…but it was fun anyway…and I figure…each time I spend out painting plein air is a time spent learning…whether I end up bringing something home or not…just the exercise of doing it…of being there…of looking and painting…colour mixing too…it is all good…it also felt good…being out in the woods for a few hours…it was very pretty…

This is the scene I was painting...

7 comments:

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

It certainly was visually beautiful. But your description of being there, just the two of you - you painting and him reading, that sounds wonderful too!
Janice.

Sloane's Creations said...

Lovely woods. I like the reflections in the water and I can feel the crisp air!

Beverley Baird said...

Love the Gatinueaus - beautiful photos! Now you have lots of memories and ideas for paintings!

Anonymous said...

I love nature and that is nature at it's best! Glad you had a fantastic day! keep painting.
Peace Saly

Leah said...

Mmm, what a wonderful experience to read about and see in your pictures! I love the shot looking up into the sky.

Shaun said...

What a great way to spend a day. It makes me smile to think of you doing this. The words and photos bring it all to life. Merci.

Tanya said...

Thank you so much for the comments on my blog, I went and had a look for "The Point" by Harry Nilsson on youtube and they actually have the whole movie : ) I just love it. Thank you again