Saturday, April 3, 2010

Post Show…Depression…?...

Well…it has almost been a month, now, since the show opened…I have long since caught up on my sleep and have been back working - although this year is getting off to a really slow start - but I haven’t been back to painting at all yet…

Now, there may be a number of reasons for this…we have moved my brother in for the duration to do whatever renovations need doing to spruce the house up so that we can put it up for sale…(I really need to move back to Ontario)…this means that the house is in even more of a state of upheaval than it usually is…I have started ‘de-cluttering’ - packing the stuff that I can live without for the next while so the house won’t look like an overstuffed storage closet (the house we moved from when we moved into here was much bigger and had a wonderful, dry basement for storage – I won’t set foot in the basement here!)…there is the usual family chaos…which, in my family, might be considered to be fairly extreme…but mostly I just feel like a deflated balloon…

I have been doing my 365 Project…and that brings some thoughts of creativity into my daily life…but I haven’t painted since that last flurry before this last show…my next show isn’t until October…but, really that isn’t that far off…but I do tend to wait for the looming deadline…but that isn’t it…I love to be painting…it makes me feel good…I have lots of ideas…some series I want to work further on…as well as a few paintings in progress that I am happy about…so why am I not painting?...and it isn’t because I can’t work in chaos…I live in chaos!

The opening went really well…at first I was nervous, but I did calm down so I actually enjoyed myself…and I sold 6 paintings! But I still seem to feel a sense of guilt for enjoying myself at something like this…for enjoying promoting myself…I wrote about this before…my feelings are the same…but I did do better this time…

I’m sure that the feelings to get myself up to my studio to paint again will return…but for now I will coast along…photographing - with my absolutely fantastic new camera that my younger daughter orchestrated getting me for my birthday in February…I am thrilled with it…what a difference this better quality of camera makes!

To catch up a bit…here are my February and March Project 365 mosaics…
































Up to the end of March, I have taken 1,464 photos…I seem to be consistently averaging just under 500 a month…it will be interesting to see if this goes up…seeing as February is a short month and I still took just under 500 photos, it seems that I was increasing as the months past…but for about a week in March I had a hard time getting myself to go photographing…was feeling down and uninspired…I think that I am through that now…let’s see what April brings…hopefully, along with the daffodils and tulips, inspired picture taking and painting!

3 comments:

Oma said...

There is lots to photograph up here at the lake ... including a new loon baby ... the first I have actually seen while still a wee one. I think the warm weather this year has encouraged this mother to show off her offspring.

Beverley Baird said...

What a great variety of photos!
Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!
Glad the show went well.
take care.

Shaun said...

Yay! You posted! My deflated balloon friend. Oh dear. Some down time after a big show like that is probably normal. 6 sales! Yay! You do deserve it with your work and talent. I hope you realize that more and more. I've been totally lost in all the goodies at your 365 Project. Wow. Great work. I'm in love with the votive candles.