Saturday, August 8, 2009

Odds and sods…

July really did take its toll on me…I have spent most of this first part of August catching up on work and sleep…resting and reading every chance I get…a few days ago I started painting again…I had a bunch of things that I had started before I left for Haliburton…so I have been puttering away on them…these are more of the playing with various gel mediums…playing with texture…they are fun to paint…kind of like home-made colouring book pictures, because the pattern and picture was laid out in the texture and then I ‘colour’ it in…pure play with a day dreaming meditative element to it!

I finished Daydreaming IV - it was basically finished - all I had to do was commit and attach the 3 small canvases...it isn't quite a crooked in real life...I had a hard time getting up high enough to photograph it, so it was a bit distorted...will have to work on getting a better photo later...












Somehow, in the rush of July, I managed to get 5 pieces into a group show at the Unitarian...it runs July and August...the Art Space wall here isn't that big...but with this being a meeting room, a lot of people go through...there are some talented people in the congregation and it is nice to go in and see the various shows...








I have also started a new piece…it is developing as I go along…here is the space I am working on now…my work table is full…so I have moved to a board that I put over 2 stools…I am going to have to do a clean up soon…I am slowly closing myself in! But that seems to be how I work…in a little nest surrounded by stuff…there are the textural paintings I am working on, some bits for the new one…the new one in the background…and my morning bowl of coffee…














I started this new piece with some cheese cloth attached to the base coloured canvas in a flowing, overlapped way...


















Then I fiddled about with bits and pieces...some keys, some puzzle pieces, maybe some 'wonder bubbles'...adding colour and details as I went along...laying pieces on, moving them around...














This is where I am at now...need to let it sit for a bit...come back to it in a while to decide where to go next...

2 comments:

Oma said...

Love what you've done with the cheese cloth and stuff ... will you show me how that magic happens some time?

Angie said...

Like your textural paintings, very rich and colourful.
Really love your work!

Please look at old posts have given you award!