Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finished!!!


















Well...I lived with it for a bit, but it wasn't very long at all before I knew I wasn't finished...

I liked the idea of leaving some sky...I thought it might add some depth to the painting...but I obviously hadn't managed to do it in an acceptable way...maybe this is something I should play with on smaller pieces of paper instead of large canvases using a ton of paint!

I found that my eye kept darting up to the sky bits...and they weren't meant to be to main point of focus...so I filled them in with more leaves and am happy now...for me, my eye wanders around the painting and keeps going back to the blue band in the lower middle...much better than constantly having my eyes jerked to the top of the canvas...

CariƱo and I had a lovely escape last week...a few days spent with family in Montreal...lots of delicious food...good times spent sitting around the table eating and sipping wine...gallery wandering in 2 districts of the city...visiting an old friend...it was wonderful...will post some pictures soon...

4 comments:

Steve Emery said...

Wow, this is a lovely painting with so much color and texture. Congrats on keeping it from getting muddy or losing control of the surface. I can't work with this much paint - it gets away from me and I end up with a mess.

Ria said...

Dear Tamarak....wow...this piece is beautifuuuul! Definitely tons of paints, I can see *wink* but totally worth it.
Have a nice weekend!

Leah said...

lovely, lovely work!!

Cynthia said...

Holy Moly girlfriend!! This is a fantastic piece! Ditto what everyone said. My eye slowed to enjoy each part. Very delicious.